"Tea Time with Rabbitwoman and Dogman"
Bronze Sculpture and Water Feature
Congratulations on acquiring the beautiful "Tea Time with Rabbitwoman and Dogman" bronze sculpture by Gillie and Marc! This exquisite piece of art adds a touch of contemporary elegance to any space.
To ensure that your sculpture remains in pristine condition, retains its value, and can be enjoyed with the added feature of a water pump, please follow these care, setup, and maintenance guidelines, whether you choose to display it indoors or outdoors in all weather conditions:
GENERAL HANDLING AND PLACEMENT
Handle with Care: When moving or handling the sculpture, always use both hands and avoid touching the surface with bare hands. Oils and dirt from your skin can affect the patina.
Stable Surface: Position the sculpture on a stable, level surface to prevent accidental tipping or damage, whether indoors or outdoors.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Regular Dusting: Dust the sculpture regularly using a soft, clean, and dry microfiber or lint-free cloth. Gently wipe away dust and dirt, taking care not to scratch the bronze. This is important for both indoor and outdoor sculptures. Avoid
Abrasives: Do not use abrasive materials, harsh chemicals, or cleaning agents on the sculpture, as they can damage the patina. This is especially crucial for outdoor sculptures exposed to the elements.
Patina Care: The patina on bronze sculptures can evolve over time. To maintain the original patina's appearance, avoid excessive handling and exposure to moisture, which is even more critical for outdoor display.
Waxing (Regularly): To protect the patina and preserve the sculpture's beauty, apply a thin coat of high-quality clear wax designed for bronze sculptures regularly, typically every six months. Follow the product instructions carefully and apply with a soft, clean cloth. Allow the wax to dry, and then buff it to a gentle shine. This regular waxing is essential for outdoor sculptures to withstand all weather conditions.
Water level management: Your water feature will naturally allow water to evaporate. The amount of water required to ensure the pump remains functional without running dry will be based on the environment upon which the sculpture is placed. To top up the water level, simply add water through the cup. As a general guide, we recommend topping up the water on fortnightly basis for water features placed outside, and monthly for those positioned inside.
For more detailed information on caring for your bronze sculpture, please refer to Sculpture Maintenance for additional insights and tips.
Now, let's unpack the setup steps for the water pump feature:
1. Set the position: Place the designated reservoir in position on a flat surface where the sculpture will position safely over the reservoir once setup.
2. Place Pump in Position: Position the included Water Feature Pump in a location within the reservoir that allows for proper water flow and will not kink the internal hose from the sculpture. Ensure that the pump is secure and stable.
3. Plug Internal Hose: Connect the internal hose to the pump according to the manufacturer's instructions. This hose will carry water from the pump to the desired area within the sculpture.
4. Fill with Water: Carefully add water to the reservoir until full.
IMPORTANT: In the case additional water is added, the reservoir is designed to allow excess water to flow onto the ground. Please be careful not to overfill.
5. Position the sculpture: Carefully place the sculpture over the reservoir and ensure the water pump power cable is placed in the designated arch to avoid damage.
6. Turn it On! After filling with water and ensuring all connections are secure, switch on the water pump according to the pump's instructions. Enjoy the soothing and captivating visual element added to your sculpture.
Suitable Water: Do not use untreated water such as bore water, or heavily chlorinated water such as swimming pool water as this will have a detrimental effect on the patina finish of the sculpture.
Environmental Considerations: Avoid placing the sculpture near fireplaces, heaters, or air vents, as extreme temperatures can affect its integrity, both indoors and outdoors.
By following these care, setup, and maintenance guidelines, you can enjoy your "Tea Time with Rabbitwoman and Dogman" bronze sculpture for many years to come, whether you choose to display it indoors or outdoors in all weather conditions.
Regular waxing is a crucial step in protecting the patina and ensuring the sculpture's longevity. For comprehensive information on bronze care, please visit our Sculpture Maintenance page.
If you have any specific questions or concerns about the sculpture or water pump feature, don't hesitate to reach out to Gillie and Marc's team for further assistance email@example.com.
Enjoy your artwork and the unique charm this beautiful sculpture brings to your space!