Gillie and Marc are committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) and other relevant laws in relation to the management of personal information.
Why we collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information (which includes your name, email address and information about your competition entry) in order to allow you to join Gillie and Marc and keep up to date with the latest news and information we share.
When do we collect information?
We do not automatically collect personal information from you, such as your name, address, phone number, email address or other personally identifiable information about you (personal information). However, we may collect your information when you:
- voluntarily provide personal information about yourself — that is, we collect personal information with your informed consent such as when you make a purchase on the Website, contact us via email or social media, enter competitions or complete surveys presented by us or subscribe to our newsletter;
- use the Website and anonymous, non-personal information about how you use the Website is obtained; and
- use the Website and accept cookies, allowing us to collect cookie-based information (where cookies are enabled) that makes your use of the Website easier by recording your preferences so that when you return to the Website the cookie re-loads that information.
What information do we collect?
The type of information we collect from you will depend on what services on the Website that you use. The information that we may collect when you use the Website includes:
- personal information including your name, postal address, email address, telephone numbers and contact details which you provide when carrying out a transaction on the Website or subscribing to the newsletter or any other service on the Website;
- information about your use of the Website and its features;
- information about the transactions that you carry out using the Website;
- information about your card and bank account details where you carry out a transaction on the Website using your credit card, debit card or direct debit from your bank account;
- information concerning the devices you use to access the Website, including hardware and software information and information of your internet connection;
- general information about visits to the Website collected by our servers, with small files called cookies that our Website transfers to your device (if you allow the delivery of cookies). The cookies are used to follow the pattern of movements of users by letting us know which pages on our Website are visited, in what order and how often and the previous websites visited. The anonymous non-personal information that we collect and analyse is not personal information as described in the Privacy Act and cannot be used to discover any personal information such as your name, address or email address; and
- any other information that you choose to send to Gillie and Marc.
What use do we make of your information?
Predominately, Gillie and Marc use your information to provide the Website and its services and does so pursuant to its legitimate interests at law.
The reasons that we may use your information include:
- to facilitate your access to and use of the Website and its services;
- to improve, administer and personalise the Website and the services that we provide to you;
- process and carry out transactions you make on the Website;
- to publish information about you on the Website, including for the purposes of marketing Gillie and Marc;
- to send you marketing communications and to otherwise recommend to you information about other products and/or services or special promotional offers from Gillie and Marc and affiliated partners when joint promotions are offered;
- to prevent, discover and fight illegal or unauthorised activities such as misbehaviour on the Website or related to it or fraud; and
- to comply with applicable laws or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
How do we share your information?
Gillie and Marc may share your information with our trusted agents or subcontractors for the purposes above.
Other parties we may share your information with include:
- third party partners or service providers who assist us with providing our services;
- law enforcement authorities;
- any party necessary where we are acting to mitigate our legal liability, protecting or acting upon our legal rights or those of our users, partners or affiliated parties or preventing illegal activity or wrongdoing;
- any party where you have given your consent to Gillie and Marc to share your information.
Further information on your privacy
How to contact us
Gillie and Marc Privacy Matters
19-21 Byrnes St
Botany NSW 2019
This Privacy Collection Statement was last updated June 2022 and may change from time to time. Any updated versions will be posted on this website and will be effective from the date of posting.
In this Privacy Collection Statement, references to ‘Gillie and Marc’, 'we', 'us' and 'our' are references to Gillie and Marc Pty Ltd ACN 119 588 886.